August 5, 2021
Dear Rowland Unified Families,
You recently received notice about Assembly Bill 104 that permits students who were in high school in 2020-2021 to request letter grades for the 2020-2021 academic year be changes to Pass/No Pass on transcripts. Please be reminded that if you wish to request such changes, you have until Friday, August 13, 2021 to submit a request form.
In response to several inquiries regarding this legislation, please note that:
- You may request changes on multiple courses, there is no limit to your number of courses for which you can request the change.
- You may request changes in any of the three semesters for the 2020-2021 school year, Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021. Submit a separate form for each semester that you wish to request changes to.
- The “Pass” mark would replace letter grades A, B, C, and D and the “No Pass” mark would replace the letter grade Fail on the transcript.
- Some higher educational institutions, including those from other states, may not accept a Pass/No Pass grade on a student’s transcript. Here is a list of post-secondary educational institutions that have indicated to the California Department of Education (CDE) that they will accept these grades without prejudice.
- Pass/No Pass marks are not be factored into the Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Requests submitted after August 13, 2021 will not be considered and letter grades will remain on the transcript.
- Any changes are permanent and cannot be revisited at a later date.
If you would like to request a grade change, please print, fill out, sign, and date the following Grade Change form and submit to your child’s school: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nXZTtTU4vM-L9FfUIynqg81fevyaAG_v/view.
Dr. Matty Zamora
Assistant Superintendent Educational Services
- 8-6-21 AB 104 Parent Letter.pdf
- SPANISH 8-6-21 RUSD AB 104 Parent Follow Up.pdf
- CHINESE 8-6-21 RUSD AB 104 Parent Follow Up.pdf
- KOREAN 8-6-21 RUSD AB 104 Parent Follow Up.pdf
- Grade Change Form-Final (1).pdf
- 7-29-21 AB104 Parent Letter ENGLISH.pdf
- 7-29-21 SPANISH AB104 Parent Letter.pdf
- 7-29-21 CHINESE AB104 Parent Letter.pdf
- 7-29-21 KOREAN AB104 Parent Letter.pdf