Santana High School
Attention Seniors: Senior pictures will take place May 8. Please see your mentor teacher for details because reservations need to be made by May 3. We are encouraging seniors to take these pictures with cap & gown. These are professional pictures and the prices are great!
Please be aware that you must meet the following criteria to be invited back for a 5thyear:
1. Be at 145 credits by the end of the school year
2. Have great attendance
3. Have no discipline/behavior concerns
Anyone not meeting one or more of these requirements will need to stop by and see Ms. Alemán to discuss additional options that are available.
Scholarship Available The Board of Directors for the Industry Manufacturers Council is once again making available a $500.00 scholarship to each of the high schools in your District. The scholarship is for the most deserving senior, graduating in June, not planning to attend a comprehensive four-year college. The high school may establish its own criteria for the selection process. Upon your selection please notify the IMC with his or her name by Monday, April 30, 2013. A check will be issued in the name of your nominee and mailed to you for presentation at a ceremony of your choice. Please contact Hope Millan of Industry Manufacturers Council (626) 968-3737 if you have any questions.
HOPES NEW WEBSITE We would like to announce the launch of the HOPES website. It can be found at www.hopesisp.weebly.com and also by Googling “hopes independent study”.
DREAM ACT Ms. Elcherif would like to know if any students are interested in applying for the Dream Act. The Dream Act is for students who have been living in the United States for a long time, however, they are not citizens. If any students are interested in getting more information on the Dream Act please contact Ms. Elcherif.
- Grad Nite is Friday, May 31st. Tickets are $85 and are on sale now. We only have 60 tickets in total and they are selling fast, so don't wait - they will sell out! Interested Seniors need to pick up a Grad Nite packet from Mr. Daniels.
- Yearbooks are also on sale. This year's theme is "2013: A Walk to Remember." The presale price is $16 and the price will go up to $20 after yearbooks arrive on May 20. We will only have 60 yearbooks delivered, so see Mr. Daniels soon to reserve your copy.
- Rowland HS prom is Saturday, April 27.
- Nogales HS prom is Saturday, June 1.
o Students should contact Rowland or Nogales for more information. All prom arrangements are made directly through the high school.
o PLEASE BE AWARE of the Nogales Prom Date and Grad Night Date. They are back to back days and will require planning on behalf of each student planning on attending either or both.
May 14 - 18 - 48th Agricultural District’s Schools’ Agriculture & Nutrition Fair -@ LA Fairgrounds
· Booths are Lettuce Fantasy Garden and California Agriculture
· Other entries will be our gardens, murals, seed art, and animal sawhorse.
ACCEPT will be hosting GRANDPARENTS DAY in May!
NIGHT SCHOOL Every Tuesday late afternoon, Night School is offered from 3:30-7:30 (the previous hours were from 4:30-8:30). Students are required to attend for a minimum of two hours per week, but can stay for three hours. As of March 19, 2013, there are twenty-seven students in attendance. Eight of the twenty-seven are regular Night School students and only attend once a week. The other nineteen attend during the day at Santana for seven periods and then on Tuesday night for an eighth period class (Hybrid). Overall, the students are working hard to accomplish their goals.