Santana High School
Week of October 21, 2013
·Red Ribbon Week Activities:
Monday - Be Smart, Don't Start (Nerd Dress Up Day); Pledge Day
Tuesday - Put Drugs to Rest (Pajama Dress Up Day)
Wednesday - Fight Off Drugs (Super Hero Dress Up Day)
Thursday - Stay Clean of Drugs (Wear White Dress Up Day)
Friday - Wear Red Day
·Students and Staff: Picture Day is coming Monday, November 4, 2013. You will be called out of your class in alphabetical order to have your picture taken in the cafeteria.
· Students: The following are great ways to earn CAR hours:
· First, FRC is looking for student tutors to help elementary age students. Contact Ms. Elcherif or Mr. Duran if you are interested.
· Also, beginning October 23, 2013- tutors will be needed at Jellick Elementary from 2:30-4:00 p.m. and beginning October 30, 2013- Northam Elelmentary from 2:30-6:00 pm tutors will be needed. You may go right after school. Be sure to bring your CAR hour paper to be signed.
· From November 18 - 26- the Family Resource Center will be making Thanksgiving Baskets. Students may work for CAR hours there.
· December 7, 2013- Adopt-n-Shop @ Northam Elementary. Contact Ms. Elcherif if you have any questions.
· Education Fair – The 2nd annual “Festival Cardenas” will be held on October 27, 2013, at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. Stop by and see Mr. Duran for flyers and more information.
· MT SAC: In January we are going to have Mt. Sac here to talk with students about enrollment, tuition, hours, class schedules, concurrent enrollment, financial aid (FAFSA).
Mr. Duran and Mr. Muñoz are available to meet with you to go over what you need. Please stop by to sign up for a meeting.